Thursday, June 14, 2012

Which Site Has The Most Accurate Weather Forecasts?

Filed under: Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, Middle EastHuman beings have no control over the weather, but when I'm on a trip or planning one, I tend to check the weather forecast obsessively when the weather is not to my liking. If it's too hot, too cold, too wet, or windy, I want to know how bad it's going to be and when it'll get better. And if the weather is just fine, I tend not to check the forecast at all, for fear of breaking the good luck pattern.

I've used a variety of weather sites, including CNN, The Weather Channel, Weather Underground, Accuweather, and a host of others over the years but have yet to find one that I think is very reliable for locations outside North America. I don't expect long-range forecasts to be very accurate, even in the U.S., but when you wake up and check what the weather is supposed to be like that day, you expect it to be fairly accurate.

I've been traveling in Europe for the last two months and have all the places I've been to plugged into my list of cities on my iPod weather app, which is powered by The Weather Channel. It never ceases to amaze me how inaccurate the predictions are on this site/app, even for same day forecasts.Continue reading Which Site Has The Most Accurate Weather Forecasts?Which Site Has The Most Accurate Weather Forecasts? originally appeared on Gadling on Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.Permalink | Email this | Comments



Lapland Ruka skiing Ruka holidays Ruka ski holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment